Grilled Grass-Fed Sirloin Steak with Vegetables
- 2 (8 oz) grass-fed sirloin steaks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 2 TB balsamic vinegar
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 3 green onions, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 2 TB thinly sliced fresh mint
Prep Time: 45 minutes
This Recipe is: Dairy Free, Egg Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free
Cook For: Dinner
Cuisine Type: American
Author: Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine
- Pound out the steaks with a meat mallet until they are 1/4 inch thick
- Sprinkle steaks with 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to high (450-550 F).
- Combine tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Generously coat cooking spray on squash, zucchini and green onions. Place vegetables in a single layer on grill grate coated with cooking spray. Grill squash and zucchini 2 minutes until tender and grill marks appear. Grill the green onion 3 minutes, turning, until slightly tender.
- Chop green onions. Place tomatoes, green onions, zucchini and squash in the bowl with the tomatoes.
- Place steaks in a single layer on the grill grate coated with cooking spray, grill uncovered for 2 minutes. Turn steaks and grill 1 minute more or until desired doneness.
- Let steaks stand for 5 minutes and then cut against the grain.
- Add mint, basil and oil to vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Serve with steak.
Leave a comment