Grilled Grass-Fed Sirloin Steak with Vegetables
- 2 (8 oz) grass-fed sirloin steaks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 2 TB balsamic vinegar
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 3 green onions, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 2 TB thinly sliced fresh mint
- Servings: 4
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- This Recipe is: Dairy Free, Egg Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free
- Cook For: Dinner
- Cuisine Type: American
- Author: Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine
- Pound out the steaks with a meat mallet until they are 1/4 inch thick
- Sprinkle steaks with 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to high (450-550 F).
- Combine tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Generously coat cooking spray on squash, zucchini and green onions. Place vegetables in a single layer on grill grate coated with cooking spray. Grill squash and zucchini 2 minutes until tender and grill marks appear. Grill the green onion 3 minutes, turning, until slightly tender.
- Chop green onions. Place tomatoes, green onions, zucchini and squash in the bowl with the tomatoes.
- Place steaks in a single layer on the grill grate coated with cooking spray, grill uncovered for 2 minutes. Turn steaks and grill 1 minute more or until desired doneness.
- Let steaks stand for 5 minutes and then cut against the grain.
- Add mint, basil and oil to vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Serve with steak.
Leave a comment
Also in In the Kitchen
If you read about food, it’s impossible to escape mention of the Impossible Burger. The plant-based burger has become a sensation among those who practice a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle but miss the taste and texture of a burger.
Depending on what you read, beef has become the food villain. Many want to blame beef for everything from causing disease to warming the planet.
None of this is deserved. Beef, especially 100% grass-fed beef, provides many health benefits.