Grass-Fed Bone Broth
- 5 pounds of grass-fed beef bones
- 2 large parsnips cut into chunks
- 3 ribs of celery cut into chunks
- 2 medium onions, halves
- 8 quarts of water
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3 sprigs oregano
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 3 TB red wine vinegar
Servings: 5 Quarts
Prep Time: 12 hours
This Recipe is: Dairy Free, Egg Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free
Cook For: Dinner, Lunch
Cuisine Type: American
Author: Adapted from The Radical Homemaker
- Add all ingredients into a large pot.
- Allow the ingredients to sit for one hour at room temperature
- Slowly bring the broth to a boil. Once at the boiling point, reduce the heat to simmer for a minimum of 12 hours, skimming any froth off the top.
- If you need to turn off the pot, put it in the refrigerator and resume simmering when ready.
- When the broth has simmered for at least 12 hours, put the broth through a sieve to strain all but the broth.
- Store in jars and cool in the refrigerator.
- Skim off the layer of fat that solidified on the surface when it cooled.
- Store in the refrigerator for a week or freeze.
Leave a comment