Succulent Grass-Fed Beef Burger
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 TB canola mayonnaise divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 pound of ground grass-fed beef
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 4 cheddar cheese slices
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 4 dill pickles, shaved into ribbons
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
Prep Time: 45 minutes
This Recipe is: Egg Free, Nut Free
Cook For: Dinner, Kids
Cuisine Type: American
Author: Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Saute onions for 2 minutes and reduce the heat to medium, cooking the onions until soft and carmelized (about 5 minutes), stirring often. Cool.
- Combine carmelized onions, 2 TB mayonnaise, garlic powder, pepper and ground beef in a bowl, stirring until just mixed. Shape the mixture into 4 (1/4 inch) patties.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat and coat with cooking spray. Add patties, cook 3 minutes, turn patties and add the cheese slices. Cook another 2 minutes until desired doneness.
- Toast the hamburger buns.
- Spread the ketchup mixture on top half of the buns. On the bottom of the buns add the patty, tomato slices, lettuce and pickles. Cover with top halves of the buns.
Leave a comment